Friday, December 3, 2010

vagina tattoo

because i don't drop my pants that often anymore by the ben day

Female genital piercing is, to say the least, a controversial subject. Some people can’t understand it; others can’t get enough of it. For those that actually do decide to experience this there are many deciding factors. Sometimes it is for sexual gratification, sometimes it is freedom of choice, sometimes it is just the joy of piercing. Whatever the reasons, there are many different types of female genital piercings to choose from, but not all women are properly proportioned for all of them. It is very important to find a good, reputable piercer and be sure to ask whether or not you are properly equipped for the piercing of your choice. First, I will discuss the options you have when contemplating getting pierced, and then I will tell you about my experience. The Vertical Hood Piercing, or VCH, is one of the most popular piercings for many reasons. One of them being that pretty much every woman is built adequately for this piercing. The piercing goes through a thin piece of tissue above the clitoris and lies vertically between the legs. Although this piercing does not actually go through the clitoris, it does touch it, so there is still plenty of pleasure. This piercing can be started with either a bar or ring style jewelry, depending on what your piercer provides. After healing, you can experiment with different types of jewelry to see what suits you best. This is a fairly quick-healing piercing, sometimes even less than a week, but the aftercare instructions should really be followed for the full 4-6 weeks to ensure proper healing and to help prevent infection. Another hood piercing is the Horizontal Hood Piercing, or HCH. The HCH can be started with a ring or circular barbell and is usually done for aesthetic reasons only as it does not provide as much stimulation as other piercings. Since most women have a hood that covers the clitoris, the jewelry rests atop the hood and therefore isn’t as pleasurable. The only way that it would really provide direct stimulation is if the woman has a clitoris that is somewhat exposed and where the bead could fall directly on the clitoris. But definitely don’t rule this one out! Sometimes just knowing that you have a piercing is all that is needed for it to provide enjoyment. The healing time for the HCH is 6-8 weeks since there can be a little more contact from clothing than with the VCH. Another thing to be aware of is that if a woman is not symmetrically built, the ring may have a tendency to lean or twist to one side, which could become uncomfortable. The true Clitoral Piercing is actually very rare because most women are not built adequately. A woman must have a clitoris that is large enough and easily exposed to ensure a safe piercing. This piercing does offer a definite increase in sensation, but it should not be approached without serious thought and research. Due to improper placement, there could be serious nerve damage if a clitoris is too small for the piercing. Once you find an expert piercer, go in for an evaluation and see if you are actually suited for this. They will no doubt understand your concerns for perfection in this area. If you do happen to be a good candidate for this piercing, you may have the choice of it being either vertical or horizontal, although the vertical piercing should only be done on a hooded clitoris to prevent turning of the jewelry. Healing time for this one is 4-6 weeks. The Triangle Piercing is a horizontal piercing, but is placed behind the bundle of nerves at the base of the hood. This is another piercing that one should really be evaluated for. Women that are properly built for this piercing have a clitoral nerve bundle under their hood that can be lifted away from the body to some extent. Although the piercing is through hood tissue, the Triangle stimulates the back of the clitoris, whereas the other hood piercings stimulate at the front. The best starter jewelry for this piercing is the circular barbell because the gap between the barbell balls can be adjusted to accommodate the width of the inner labia. But once healing, which is 2-3 months, is complete, a captive ring, bead ring, or el-bar can be used. Labial piercings are also an option, but they do not provide as much stimulation as other piercings. These are usually done in multiples, although not necessary. With the Inner Labia, a ring is usually used and the healing time is 4-6 weeks. Bleeding may occur following this piercing, but that, as well as one’s own bodily fluids, should not be harmful to the piercing site. During the first few days though, urine may sting a bit, so it is a good idea to drink lots of water to reduce acidity. The Outer Labial piercing takes 2-3 months to heal and can be placed anywhere along the rim of the outer labia. Captive rings, bead rings or circular barbells may be used for this one. Finally we come to the Fourchette. This is another one that most women are not built for, but if you are, it can be an excellent spot for piercing. This is a vertical piercing on the perineum – the fold of tissue at the back edge of the vagina. A captive bead ring or curved barbell can be used for this piercing. Healing for the Fourchette is 2-3 months. One thing to be cautious of after healing is complete is that it can sometimes cause pain during intercourse if it is pulled into the vagina. Aftercare is one of the most important aspects of piercings. It is always advisable to discuss this with your piercer as they may have specific instructions to follow. Here are just a few general rules to give you an idea of what to expect. First, you should always wash your hands before touching your piercing. A good place to clean your piercing is in the shower. Here you can let clean water run over the piercing before you start cleaning it. Use liquid anti-bacterial soap to wash the piercing and apply the soap to the jewelry, rotating it to get the soap inside the piercing site itself. Be sure to rinse the soap away thoroughly. When done, pat dry with a clean paper towel. Try to avoid using wash cloths or towels directly on the site as they can hold a lot of bacteria. No ointments, creams, or astringents should be used, just anti-bacterial soap and water. Ensure all clothing and bedding that may touch the piercing are clean. It is very important that while healing, your piercing does not have any contact with bodily fluids such as semen or saliva. You don’t necessarily have to completely refrain from sexual activity, but, to avoid risking infection, you should use a condom or dental guard. ~~~~~~~~~~~ I had been thinking about getting pierced for quite some time, at least four years. I had kept putting it off for various reasons: money, not knowing which piercer to go to, fear, and a ton of others. Then one day a friend and I were discussing it at work and we decided to check out a local tattoo and piercing shop, just to get some information we said. We met at the shop the following Monday and I was disappointed to see that they were closed. I went back the following day and again, they were closed. It occurred to me that maybe this was a sign that I should not be taking this big step! But then I realized a couple things. First, I was really looking forward to getting this done and really disappointed that they were closed. And second, this was probably the first time in my adult life that I was allowing myself to make a decision like this. It might sound silly, but until this point, whenever I had decided to change anything, a hairstyle or getting a tattoo for instance, I always consulted friends and especially my current boyfriend. Well, here I sat, 32 years old with no serious boyfriend, and I was actually making a decision about my body. And it felt great. I felt the freedom of choice that I mentioned earlier and I couldn’t wait to exercise that freedom. So, the following week, I drove to the tattoo and piercing shop, took a deep breath and walked in the door. I had already heard good things about this shop, so I wasn’t surprised by the cleanliness or professionalism. I was surprised at how comfortable I felt doing this. I had already done a little research so that I knew which piercing I wanted and told the man behind the counter that I would like a vertical hood piercing. He handed me some paperwork to fill out and told me to wait just a little bit while he finished up a tattoo. When he was ready for me, he had me go into a small room where I was told to take off my shorts and underwear. He then told me to hop up on the table and lie down. He reminded me how important it was to keep breathing regularly and to try and relax. I had taken a quick peak at the instruments he was using, so I knew what to expect, but was still a little nervous. I felt him place the receiving tube and syringe in with a little pinch. I then felt the receiving tube making its way up to the highest point and then I felt the syringe pierce my skin. I’m not going to lie here. It hurt. But only for about one second. I was told that it wasn’t done yet, the ring still had to be inserted, but at least the needle part was over. The ring was placed and the ball attached. The whole procedure lasted about a minute and a half. I was given a minute to catch my breath and then I got up and put my clothes back on. I was being monitored while doing this and when I told him I was a little dizzy he said I should sit down for a few minutes. He brought me some water and candy to bring my blood sugar back up and I was starting to feel better again. He took this time to go over the aftercare with me and kept a close eye on me to make sure I didn’t start feeling dizzy again. This all reaffirmed my choice of shops. I was very glad that he took the time to make sure I was ok and didn’t just take my money and push me out the door so he could work on the next customer. It is now seven weeks later and I am still extremely happy with my decision. My healing was very quick and easy, but I still followed the aftercare instructions just to be sure. I won’t go into too much detail, but I will say that this did everything for me that I had hoped for – both mentally and physically. I would encourage anyone who has ever thought of this, to check around, find a good piercer, maybe think about it a couple more times, and then go for it! Enjoy your body and your new found pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment